About Provost Home Design
Michael Provost – Owner & Designer
Michael grew up in the construction business. His father has owned and run a successful construction company since 1989. During Summer breaks, Michael would shadow his father going from site to site, helping any way he could. This is where it became apparent that he had a knack for construction and design!
Michael graduated from the New England Institute of Technology with a degree in Architectural Building Engineering Technology. In 2006 he was given the opportunity to work at National Lumber as an Engineered Wood Products Designer. This is where he perfected the knowledge of structural design that was taught to him in college. In 2012 he was promoted to Senior EWP Designer. Starting in 2013, Michael was given the opportunity to learn floor & roof truss design.
In 2018 Michael took it upon himself to design a home for his family. Using all of his construction, academics, and design experience, his future career path was born. In February of 2020, Michael established Provost Home Design.
Knowledge & Skills
- Chief Architect – Current design software
- AutoCAD – Original design software
- Engineered Wood Design – I-joist & LVL design for both floor and roof systems.
- Steel Design – Steel I-beam, flitch plates, C-channel, tube steel & round columns
- Wood Truss Design – Floor & roof trusses
- Open Joist Triforce – Floor design
- Construction Supervisor – Unrestricted – License # CS-097686